“All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players” -William Shakespeare
The Arts Club of IIM Trichy welcomes you to its stage play competition Page2Stage, where you compete against the best in class participation from across the India in a theatrical battle. Participate and let the world know your story - “In the end we all are stories”. Teams will be given 45 minutes to perform any stage play of any genre.
TOTAL PRIZE MONEY= Rs 20,000
- There will be two rounds in the event:
- Electronic Submission of script
- On-Stage drama performance
Both the rounds are elimination rounds, if you clear round “1” then only you qualify for round “2”.
- 1st round consists of a script based selection, and the 2nd round is the final day performance.
- A team should have a minimum of 3 actors. Apart from the actors, there can be 2 persons controlling sound and a maximum of 3 people for lights. All members must be from the same college. The event is not open to corporates.
- Judge’s decision will be final.
- The organizing committee reserves the right to change any of the rules.
- The organizing committee reserves the right of the judgement to not choose a winner of the competition in case performances do not match a certain level for evaluation.
- The script of the play can be original, adapted or musical (you have to bring your own instruments in case of musical plays). Due credit should be given to the original playwright if the script is adapted.
- Only English and/or Hindi languages are allowed. Mime is allowed as well.
- The teams will be allowed a maximum of 45 minutes to perform plus 5 minutes of set up time.
- Teams will be penalized for exceeding the given time limit of 45 minutes. No team will be allowed on stage beyond 50 minutes
- The teams should bring along people to manage their sound and lights.
- Teams will be provided three mikes, six chairs and two tables – one small and one large. Other props should be arranged by the teams on their own.
- The teams are required to bring in their own music in the form of CDs or in Pen Drives (teams are required to give 2 copies on 2 separate CDs – no cassettes) and hand over the same to the organizers at least 3 hours before the event commences.
- The organizers will be providing the equipment to play the music.
- Use of fire (even diyas, candles or lighters) and water is not allowed on the stage.
Round 1: ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS
The organizing committee strongly urges electronic submissions. Upon submitting your script, you will receive an email confirmation of successful submission and the ability to check the status of your entry (through email communication).
1. Scripts must be typed/word-processed, page-numbered, and in standard professional play format.
2. The organizing committee reserves the right to reject any manuscript for any reason.
Electronic submissions for page2stage competition must be submitted no later than January 20, 2018. The submission window closes at midnight IST.
If you are submitting your play electronically, please omit your name and contact information from your manuscript. The manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play's title, a 2-3 sentence keynote description of the play, a list of characters, and a list of acts and scenes. Please enter the title of your play, your name and contact information (including address, phone number, and email address), and a brief biography wherever indicated in the electronic submission form.
If you would like to submit an electronic copy of your manuscript please email it to email@example.com
The organizing committee strongly urges applicants to submit their scripts electronically, but if that is impossible, we will accept hardcopies.
Submissions for the 2018 competition must be postmarked no earlier than January 10, 2018 and no later than January 23, 2018.
If you are submitting a hard copy of your play, the manuscript must begin with a title page that shows the play's title and your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, page count, and (if applicable) a list of acknowledgments; and a second title page that lists the title of the play only, a 2-3 sentence keynote description of the play, a list of characters, and a list of acts and scenes. Please include a brief biography at the end of the manuscript, on a separate page.
Do not bind or staple your manuscript.
Do not send the only copy of your work. Manuscripts cannot be returned after the competition. If you wish receipt of your manuscript to be acknowledged, please include an email address on your title page.
Send the Hard copies of your manuscript to:
Room- 212 PGP-1
Indian Institute of Management- Tiruchirappalli (IIM)
Next to Bharathidasan University,
Pudukottai Main Road, Chinna Sooriyur Village
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone- 8095840386, 7975700318
Round 2: ON-STAGE DRAMA PERFORMANCE
All the rules mentioned under the General rules, themes, duration, props and sound sections apply to the 2nd round of the event.
For more information regarding Page2Stage please write to us at:
Mob/What’s app: 8095840386